Your working life has come to an end and you are retired. This is the period of your life when you should be enjoying the rewards of your life’s savings. Since you can no longer rely on your employment income to meet your living expenses, you will need to rely on your savings/investments and/or Centrelink benefits (Age Pension) to fund your retirement.
At this stage of your life, it is important to make sure your accumulated wealth and investments are working hard for you so that you can live the retirement lifestyle you deserve.
Generally, your financial challenges will be centered around:
- funding your retirement living expenses
- making your retirement savings last
- taking the hassle out of managing your finances so that you can focus on living the retirement lifestyle you want
- leaving money for your children and grandchildren
- increasing your retirement income
- maintaining a comfortable retirement lifestyle
- receiving any Centrelink benefits that you may be entitled to
- preserving your accumulated wealth so that your money lasts your lifetime
- estate planning (ensuring your Will and Enduring power of attorney remain up to date)
So even in retirement it’s never too late to get financial advice. To help get the most out of your retirement and start “living” again complete the 5 Minute Financial Health Check now, and one of our Financial Planners will be in contact to discuss how to help you.